Monday, March 14, 2011

A time to reflect and reconnect...bye bye Facebook...for now at least

Greetings!


 It has been almost 2 months since I posted and I am clearly the world's worst blogger. Life in the Baker household has been very VERY busy for the last 2 months. I have picked up 2 new additional part time jobs, as if nannying 5 days and teaching 2 days a week didn't keep me busy enough, I decided that I would take on another 3 day teaching job at a different school and hostess 4 shifts a week at a local restaurant. 


Also in other big news or at least for me..I have given up Facebook for Lent. 
After some inspiration from a friend who deactivated from Facebook, followed by what was meant to be a friendly jab from someone I love dearly, and a lot of inward reflection, I have chosen to bid farewell to Facebook during the season of Lent. I realized I spent more time consumed with OTHER people's pictures and not taking my own. I was more interested in what other people were doing and experiencing and not living my life and enjoying my experiences. It hit me like a ton of bricks that I was all of a sudden back in middle school. 
It's only day 6 and I have 34 more to go....

Fortunately I have found without Facebook, I have more real conversations in person and on the phone. Not texting but actual talking and good quality conversation. There's a lot less, "Oh did you see on Facebook..." or "Oh my gosh did you see that picture of..." Am I bummed that I missing photographs from several weddings over the course of the next month and half, absolutely! I do also realize they will be on Facebook when and if I return and I realize relationships with people is more important than a relationship with their Facebook page.

Here's to reflecting and reconnecting and hopefully more blogs!








No comments:

Post a Comment