Monday, July 18, 2011

The Bakers are moving...

Hi Friends!


Hopefully that title didn't cause too much heart failure for any of you but grabbed your attention enough to read this post:)


It's true, we are moving but not out of Georgia. After a wonderful year in Alpharetta(well Milton really), we have decided to pack it up and head back to Sandy Springs. As you know from my previous post, I have accepted a job at SMES which is in Dunwoody-Sandy Springs. After lots of talking, discussing and house hunting, B and I have decided to go back to the area where we grew up. My early morning commute will now only be 15-20 minutes instead of an hour plus. We are really excited about our new place.


How did we find our new place? Well after looking at Craigslist for what seemed like a bizillion(okay not THAT many but it was a lot) we found a listing for a "charming ranch in Sandy Springs".  Without prior approval from B, I emailed the listing to find out more information. A sweet lady from Coke emailed me back and sent pictures and offered a 2 year lease, which was exactly what we were looking for. When I saw the landlord worked for Coke, I thought maybe just maybe SB(the dad for the family I nanny for) would know her or know someone who did. Turns out this lady worked for Steve when he first got to Coke! Without even looking at the house in person, I had convinced myself this house was meant to be!!! Luckily after looking at it in person and meeting with Mary, B agreed with me. We are signing the lease today!


So now that leaves the not so fun part, packing boxes. Fortunately and unfortunately we are leaving next week for a destination wedding/vacation for a week so I get to procrastinate a little but, once we get back it's full steam ahead. Once we get back from Utah and LV, pre-planning and packing will all begin with a bang.


So with a happy heart and a little anxiety with all that needs to get done before September 1, I am happy to say the Bakers are returning to Sandy Springs!


Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait until y'all are closer! The girls are so excited!!

    ReplyDelete